- About Us
- Web Sites
- Current Issues
- COURSES 16
- General Server Configuration
- Archived Sites
- Pre-Moodle 2
- 2010 Server Rollover
- COURSES 15
- Systems Group
- Data Portal
- Cert Exam App
- Data Updates
- EAHR Advising
- EPSY Grad Application
- Field-Based/Student Teaching
- Grad Review
- HLKN Advising Forms
- Project Achieve
- SPED Prof Phase App
- Student Database
- Student Observations
- Help System
- Windows Utilities
- Linux Utilities
- Hard Drive Data Recovery
- Data Portal Servers
- VM Hosts
- Shutdown Order
- Triplite KVM Switches
- IT Security
2010 Server Rollover
This pages contains documentation related to the server rollover for the academic year 2010-11.
Restoring a course ... Note: In Moodle 1.8.11 and 1.9.7 onwards, hashed user passwords are no longer saved in backup files containing user data. If a backup is restored to a new site, users will be asked to go through the "forgot my password" routine the first time they log in.
- Disable CAS Past year's server's CAS should be disabled since students shouldn't be able to log in. CAS can be disabled in Users > Authentication > Manage Authentication.
- Don't migrate users
Course Backup and restore
- In administration > courses > backup, check "Active".
- In administration > courses > backup, change number of copies to 2 if you want to keep two copies. If it's 1, the newest backup will overwrite the existing.
- In administration > server > cleanup, change "Unsubscribe users from courses after" to "never". (Default is 120 days, and running cron with this default might delete some users.)
- Modify backup_scheduled.php file.
- Without modification, it will skip hidden+unmodified.
- For the purpose of backing up all courses, comment out the logic that checks hidden+unmodified.
- Run admin/cron.php
- This procedure is incomplete as of Aug 2010. Some courses were not backed up.
Backup and Restore Settings
- When copying over past courses, use these settings (Paola):
Do not back up users data, user: None, Logs: no, User files: No, course files: Yes, Site files: Yes, Grade Histories: No For the back up of the Role assignments we select NONE.
2010 courses.cehd.tamu.edu - 126.96.36.199 Maslow
2011 courses.cehd.tamu.edu - 188.8.131.52 Constellation
2010 moodle.cehd.tamu.edu - 184.108.40.206 Maslow
2011 moodle.cehd.tamu.edu - 220.127.116.11 (new vm on 18.104.22.168) MOODLE2011
2010 maslow.cehd.tamu.edu (developer) - 22.214.171.124 Maslow
2011 moodledev.cehd.tamu.edu - 126.96.36.199 (colocated in moodle) Moodle11
Current courses09b.cehd.tamu.edu - 188.8.131.52
database: courses09b_archive path: /usr/local/apache2.2.11/htdocs/courses_09b conf: /usr/local/apache2.2.11/conf/courses09b.conf
We will move it to the vm (184.108.40.206).
Issues for Christmas Break 2009/10
- Grading “upload assignment” from assignment page (ticket #16981)
- Grading when rubrics used from assignment page (ticket #16981, 16419)
- Possibly related to closed ticket #16554
- Partial point grades from assignment page (ticket #16981, 16419)
- "Item Ticket Analysis report" does not work when there are a lot of attempts” (Ticket #16760)
- Importing rubrics (ticket #16397)
- Course menu issue. (ticket #15916). I don’t see any resolution in the ticket. Was this solved?
- This was not solved - Yolanda
- Still debugging Ticket #16495